Starting Feb 21st, 2019, the Embassy requires 2 visa photos for all visa applications.

We highly recommend you to use FedEx or UPS when sending your application. If you wish to use USPS, don't forget to add tracking number and signature confirmation. Using regular mail to send your important document is risky!

The Embassy Visa Office does not accept hand-written forms. Please make sure your Visa Application Form is typed to completion, printed and sign with a blue or black ink pen.
Toll Free : 1 (866) 312-8472

Study  visa- X

X1 Visa is issued to an alien who comes to China for study, advanced studies or intern practice for a period of more than six months.

X2 Visa is issued to an alien who comes to China for study, advanced studies or intern practice for a period of less than six months.

Basic Documents
  • Your valid & actual passport. The passport must have at least six (6) months validity before expiration,  and at least two blank visa page in it.
  • Completed China Visa Application Form with two visa photo(33 mm x 48 mm). Application form must be typed and printed. Signature is required on the application in the last page; if the applicant is under 18 years old, parent(s) shall sign for the minor applicant(s).(also provide a copy of the minor’s parent or guardian passport or driver’s license copy)
  • An approved Foreign Student Visa Application Form (JW101 or JW202) issued by the authorized Chinese unit, and an enrollment letter from the Chinese school. The JW101/JW202 Form MUST BE SIGNED. (also additional copies provided)
  • An applicant born in China who applies for a Chinese visa with a new foreign passport is required to submit his/her Chinese passport or last foreign passport with a Chinese visa.
  • Non-US citizens: photocopy of your legal residence status within the US, with a minimum validity of 6 months. (Green card, I-797, I-94…etc)U.S B1/B2 visas cannot be accepted.
  • Apply Now

    • Register and pay to generate the order receipt
    • Mail in a copy of this receipt
Additional information

Any person suffering from mental disorder, leprosy, AIDS, venereal diseases, contagious tuberculosis or other such infectious diseases shall not be permitted to enter China. The Consular Officers have the authority to refuse any visa applications inconsistent with Chinese laws and regulations, or revoke issued visas.

If you have a valid China Visa within another passport, that passport also has to be submitted.